Beautiful Design Surprise - Redmi Mi 6

Honestly, I did not bother even reading about Xiaomi smartphones before. As I felt that the Mi and Note line was a lousy product. I mean in term of the specification and real life usability. I always felt that they are slow and sluggish when scrolling through the phone, camera quality is bad and etc.

However, they caught my attention last year, with their Xiao MiMix Launch. The really first bezel-less phone in the market that actually works. (Sharp Manufacture released before). 
After that, I realized that their latest Mi Note2 run very smoothly too and the price for it is quite cheap as compared to the other smartphone in the market. 

Now, i am quite attracted to their latest release. The XiaoMi Mi6. 

Look at the design of that surprising eye-catching phone! I am drooling for the blue color version. 
Even though this phone is not bezel-less, it still looks very stunning in my opinion. 

Specification (that you care)

Display:                   5.15 Inch Display with 1080 x 1920 resolution (428ppi)
Processor:               Snapdragon 835 (same as S8)
Ram and Memory: 6GB and 64/128GB internally (sadly it is not expendable)
Camera:                   12MP rear camera and 8MP front facing camera. 
Bluetooth:                Version 5.0 (same as S8)
Battery:                   3350mAh
Color:                       White, Black, and Blue. || Ceramic and 18k Gold Version 
Price:                        64gb: SGD 500+ | 128gb: SGD $580+ | Ceramic: SGD $600+


Opinion

Judging from the specification and price, it is cheaper than Samsung Galaxy S8. If you can't afford Samsung Galaxy S8 but you need something that is similar, by all means, go and get this phone. However, if you can afford one or you can re-contract your phone plan, please go for the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ or even the LG-G6.

Let me point out those concerns that I have over this phone. 
  1. The display only an FHD of 1080p which is not the 2017 standard where the rest of the smartphones can go up to 1440p display. Furthermore, it is not a bezel-less display. If you were to compare it with the smartphones like LGG6 or S8/S8+, you will find the screen to be less immersive when watching a video.
  2. It is not expandable. Seriously XiaoMi? At this generation, you really think you can remove the microSD card tray?
  3. No headphone jack. -- Why do you have to follow the "trend". People still got a lot of loves for the headphone jack!

                           
  4. It is not the wide angle lens that I expected... The camera is much more similar to the iPhone 7+ where you can have the depth of feel in the portrait mode. 
To be fair, the video that I watched that does the Camera test, the quality of the image taken is surprising very nice. 

Conclusion


Honestly, I really love the design and the specs that it comes with. I would actually go and pre-order this phone just to play around with it.

The biggest selling point would be the price. If I am able to get something similar to Galaxy S8 (for specs) or the iPhone 7+ (camera) for half of the price, I will purchase it without thinking. 

So what do you guys think? Do you want to spend 1k plus and above for a smartphone? Let me know down in the comment section below or email me with your answer! 

Thanks for reading, till next time! ciaos~~

ps.. credit: xiaomi for the all photos. Thanks!


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

ads