Asus Zenfone Zoom S - Media Launch Event

A special shout out to @asusmobilesg for giving me a chance to be on board for the media launch and being able to bring my Fiancee along.


Honestly, it was my first time experiencing such media launch on a boat.


Enough of the personal experiences, let's get to the Main topic for this blog. Finally, Asus Zenfone Zoom S is launching in Singapore! Hence they hosted this event to introduce and explaining the features of the phone to the media. (sadly I was a Facebook contestant there, not as a media personnel)


Based on their tagline for the phone: Catch the Moment is pretty self-explanatory. 
The proudest achievement for this phone is actually the Camera itself. 
Not 1 Camera, but 2 Camera!


Camera Specification
(picking only the main point)

Dual 12 MP Rear Camera
  • With F/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens with their SuperPixel Technology.
  • 2.3x optical zoom for the awesome good quality close up. Don't forget about their 12x digital zoom for an even closer shot.
  • SuperPixel Technology + the low aperture means that you can still take a clearer shot in a minimal lighting environment.
  • Switching between the dual lens, which allows the photos to combine and to create the new-depth-of-field effect which is similar to the iPhone but faster in my opinion.
  • Fast Focusing. As fast as 0.03 seconds due to their Dual Pixel PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus)
    • laser auto focus
    • Subject Tracking Auto Focus (cool)
  • Equipped with OIS and EIS technology for blur free shots and video~ 
    • Optical Image Stabilization and Electronic Image Stabilization
  • 4K UHD video Recording. 
13 MP on the Front Camera. 
  • With F/2.0 aperture
  • 140-degree selfie Panorama
  • Beautification mode (no more rough face... )
Looking at those technologies/features they implemented on the Rear Camera... 
On paper, it looks awesome. On real life usage? Visit their facebook page for some of the shot taken on the phone. I did not have the chance to do some shooting BUT I am hoping that I can get one so that I can put the camera to the test.  >> Click here  

What about the other specs?



Phone Specification
  • 5.5 inch 1080p Gorilla Glass 5 AMOLED Display
  • Snapdragon 625 with Octa-Core 2.0 GHz(CPU) and Adreno 506(GPU)
  • 32/64/128 GB internal storage but it is expendable with MicroSD card. Up to 256GB. 
  • 4GB RAM
  • Headphone jack (phew)
  • Fingerprint and the other usual sensors. 
  • 5000 mAh Battery
  • USB C (future proof!)
  • Navy Black, Rose Gold (Singapore) and some said Glacier Silver
  • Retailing at $678. (not sure whats the variant though)
  • Releasing in Singapore on 20th May. 

Conclusion

What I like. 
  1. Definitely, the awesome cameras that the phone is equipped with.
  2. 5000 mAh Battery? Paired with the power efficient Snapdragon 625. Wah, I don't need to bring my power cable already.
  3. The affordable price point for this phone. (considering the huge battery)
  4. It doesn't feel that heavy when holding it and feels very sturdy. Drop test anyone?????
What I am disappointed in. 
  1. The processor. Yes, it does help with the battery, but still, i would prefer something like snapdragon 821? 625 is little bit outdated. 
  2. NFC / Wireless Charging. Sorry, this is just my preference :S. I am spoiled with how convenient it is to have one.
My first impression of the phone is very good, it is equipped with the things that you need. In my opinion, the main selling points for the phone are the Cameras + HUGE battery + the affordable price. 

*FYI, My whole family is using Asus Zenfone. I guess is time to upgrade my mom's phone to this since she loves taking photos. 

** Thanks for reading ** 

Special thanks to my fiancee for following me to this event. Enjoy every moment with her. =p



Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

ads