Nintendo Switch Review - Truly innovative console


I am very sure that all my friends are aware that I am a Nintendo fan. Basically, I will only spend money on Nintendo's Consoles only. From my first Gameboy all the way to New Nintendo 3DS XL. 
Hence, I would say that this review will be slightly biased since I loved the brand so much. 



Honestly, I am not a home console kind of person as I do not stay home that often. Luckily, Nintendo Switch is very portable, I literally bring it along everywhere I go. I truly love those games that Nintendo offers such as Zelda, Pokemon, Mario and much more as compared to Sony or Xbox. 

Firstly, I would start off with how my Wifey purchase the Switch. (if you are not interested, please scroll to the review section)

  1. Shopback - This is the place where you can earn "rebates". Once you hit a certain amount of threshold, you will be able to withdraw the money.

    (IF you are interested, Click here to sign up > Shopback)
  2. Liveup - This is a new subscription service that cost $28.80/year and provides you with rebates when purchasing stuff from Lazada or Redmart. (There are many more "benefits" for Uber and Netflix)

Nintendo Switch Package (Bomberman + Mariokart and 3Amiibo ) at $699. Furthermore, we bought additional Zelda game at only $30+. In total, we spend about $729. 

Includes

  • Nintendo Switch Console
  • Nintendo Switch Dock
  • Joy-Con (L and R)
  • Joy-Con Grip
  • Nintendo Switch AC Adapter
  • HDMI Cable
  • Joy-Con Straps
  • 3x Amiibos
  • Bomberman
  • Mario Kart
  • Zelda: BOTW
Mind you that if you purchase it from Qishan or other Singapore game store, it will cost the same for the packages and for the additional game at $83.90. Using shopback + liveup itself helped me save about $40++

Hence, please be smart by purchasing using such services to help you save money for more games in the future. 

If you are interested in watching my unboxing video, please click here > youtube.

Reviews

It will be covered in 4 aspects. The Design, The Durability, The Performances and The Battery Life.

1) The Design



Without a doubt, Nintendo Switch is very well designed. From the loud neon red and blue color combination and the very clear Nintendo Switch logo. 


Below the switch consist of USB-C port for charging or docking it to play on the big screen. As for the red joy-con have NFC and Infrared Sensor for gaming and amiibo purposes. 

As for the top of the switch consist of the game card slot, power & volume button, and the air vent too.

As for the back, it has a kickstand and the microSD card slot hidden underneath. It is able to support up to 128GB



As for the joy-con itself, the buttons are well thought out as you can share it with your friends to play together. However, you do need to use the joy-con wrist extension to play comfortably. As they are hard to press without it. 

Overall for the design, I would give it a solid 9/10. 


2) The durability 


Please do paste a glass protector over the screen as soon as possible as there are numbers of cases that mentioned of the screen getting scratched very easily. 


I did get myself the whole set of silicon cover and hard casing from Lazada so that I can protect the console from dust, scratches, and oil. Apart from that, you can carry additional stuff too. (such as games and other accessories)

However, as I often take the joy con out from the console to play Mario Kart with my wife, I did notice some scratches on the joy-con sliding area. Ouch. 

The joy-con is made out some sort of plastic which make it feel cheap and not so durable. For the price, I would hope that they use a better material for the Joy-con or price it slightly lower so that people can replace it easily. (It cost about $110 alone for the joy-con). 

Speaking of taking out that joy-con and putting back in is very easily. I have taken in and out for countless time and it still works pretty well. Hopefully it stays that way. 

Durability Score 7/10.

The Performances

The screen is a Multi Touch 6.2in Display with a 1280 x 720p resolution. Hence if you are playing it out of the dock, your games will be running in 720p.

The CPU/GPU for the Switch is Nvidia Custom Tegra Processor which make it capable of playing high-quality game and without any slow down being noticed.  


Legend of the Zelda, Mario Kart and BomberMan gameplay was super crisp and smooth, no hiccup noticed during gameplay. The interface for the Switch is intuitive, however, i really wish that there are apps available for us to download so that we can make it like a tablet when not playing any games. 

The Performance Score 10/10. 

4) The Battery Life

Nintendo mentioned that if you are playing Legend of the Zelda, you can get up to 3hours of gameplay, which is kinda true to me. It is not super strong, but hey you can charge it up easily as they are using usb-c! Please do take not that you need a good cable and good portable battery to be able to charge it up.

The thing that I am very impressed is the standby time due to my Nintendo switch is always in the sleep mode. I can leave it alone for 2-3 days and only noticed about 10% battery life dropped. 

The Battery Life scores 8/10! As Nintendo 3ds is roughly about that kind of timing too. 

Conclusion


If you are a fan of Nintendo, this is a console that you wouldn't want to miss it.
If you are not a fan, please give it a try first and trust me, you will love it. 

For its portability and performance in gaming itself, it is already a remarkable machine.
With the ability to share the joy-con to play games together anywhere you go, what are you waiting for?

Yes, i am aware that the game library is not that strong as for now, but trust me as more games have been announced during the past week of E3. 

Recommendation = BUY! 
if you are a gamer. You will love it a lot. 








Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

ads